CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Paper Dolls - Challenge #10



This card is for the Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #10! I struggled with colors. I just could not decide what to use. I took out my four favorite colors and went to town. I decided to use Tea for Two since it's new (to me). The raspberry fizz paper looked a little plain so I stamped some polka dots on it. I added some doodly looking things to the scallops to spice it up a little. I even did the inside of the card because Michelle (abzzymom) inspired me to do so! 

This sketch gave me the inspiration I needed to make a card, which I haven't done in a few days. Now I'm waiting for my second PTI order. I was able to get the jar and lid die to work, and since I had some extra coins from taking on an OP teacher, I added some simply chartreuse paper and a few other small things. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it'll come on Monday because playing with Friendship Jar and Friendship Jar Fillers is just NOT fun without the matching dies...all of them. 

Card Details: (All supplies PTI unless otherwise noted.)
Stamps: Tea for Two, Polka Dot Basics II, Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs
Ink: Fresh Snow, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Smokey Shadow
Paper: Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores
Other: Large Scallop Die, Tea for Two Collection
Size: 4.25" x 5"

11 comments:

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Very pretty card, Deena! I love the added detail of using the tabs stamp on the scallops. Kudos to you for finishing the inside. I like what you did. Glad I was able to inspire someone. Hope you get your Jars dies soon!

Amy Kolling said...

I LOVE LOVE the decorated scallops! I think I might just have to get this set to decorate my scallops! Thanks for playing along with my sketch!!

Laurie said...

Adorable! The scallops are so cute! Great take on the sketch!

Pat said...

Great colors and details, especially the decorated scallops. I want to try this on my next card - thanks for the inspiration.

Bonita Rose said...

I will be praying u get your order.. love your teapot card! awesome!

Suzanne said...

The colors are fabulous too!!

Nadine said...

What an adorable card Deena! I just had to get the dies to this set but I haven't had time to use it yet. Darn kids and their summer vacation!

Lisa Voerg said...

Deena, I love your card. The colors and the set are perfect. Michelle has inspired me as well. The insided finished just adds so much more to the card. Love it.

Katie said...

What a great idea to switch the orientation of this sketch. It's always good to see how versatile a sketch can be!

Lee Anne said...

This is beautiful! I love how you turned the sketch to the side, but I really think the inside is my favorite. Love the outline of the teapot and the sentiment going through!

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful! Love how you finished off the inside!