CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sigh...

Due to the tsunami threat yesterday, I was stuck at home with nowhere to go or be. Bliss, I tell you. I created cards the entire day. I experimented with colors and really tried to step or at least dip my toes outside my comfort zone. Here are my efforts.
 
I tried Smokey Shadow ink for the first time. Not sure if I love it yet. I'm trying to design a thank you card for the swap at school, but I'm getting nothing. Grrrr. Thank goodness I have until March 22.  The colors are growing on me.
The second card was made after I explored Baby Button Bits a bit more. A friend just had her baby, and her favorite color is purple. She named her baby Brynna, so I thought the bee with the sentiment would be more appropriate than the card I made for the Poppy Seed challenge. "welcome, little baby bee." Get it? "Baby B." 
I continued the button theme inside. I ended up being pretty pleased with this one.












Card 1
Stamps used: Damask Designs
Paper: Pretty Pastels (PTI), Kraft (PTI)
Punches: Marvy Oval and Scallop Oval, Fiskars Treading Water Border Punch

Card 2
Stamps used: Baby Button Bits
Paper: Plum Pudding Cardstock (PTI), Vintage Cream Cardstock (PTI)
Buttons: Plum Pudding (PTI)

10 comments:

Monica K. said...

Love the cards! They are so elegant. That's so clever that you made a baby bee card for a baby whose name begins with B. The purple looks great too!

Ted said...

That purple baby card is great! Clever way to button-ize the inside! :)

Anonymous said...

Very elegant first card, and your baby card... adorable!

Pat said...

Love the personalization on the baby card. That's what makes this hobby so great!

ASKC said...

i really like the baby bee card!!!!! thanks!!!!

Sherry said...

Wonderful cards!

Jennifer K said...

Clever use of Baby Button Bits - it's a gorgeous card. Love the purple! And I love using Smokey Shadow - sometimes I want to use black but it seems too dark so I go with the gray and it's perfect!

Sara Mac said...

Great cards! I love Smokey Shadow ink. Try it with Melon Berry or Berry sorbet (or any pink). I think you'll like it.

Diane Jaquay said...

These are both so PRETTY!

MintStamps said...

Aahhh! I love your cards! They are so stinkin' cute!