CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Last of the Dahlias...

I had fun with this one. I used Heather Nichol's page die and tutorial to make this one. And yes, I used Delightful Dahlias yet AGAIN. But I'm stopping now. I needed a quick focal point, and I had stamped the dahlias on Hawaiian Shores already, so... After stamping the sentiment, I realized it faded into the polka dots, so I used some clear embossing powder and got my trusty gun out. It still doesn't pop the way I'd like, but it'll do. I'm really trying to work on my background stamping. It's hit or miss. I can see the breaks in the background on this card, but I really didn't want to waste the card...

The Deets (All supplies Papertrey unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Delightful Dahlias, Polka Dot Basics II, Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Fresh Snow, Memento Black Tuxedo
Paper: Hawaiian Shores, Kraft
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Black Ribbon (source unknown)

4 comments:

Sara Mac said...

This is really cute! Those dahlias just pop. If you wouldn't have said anything, I would have thought you purposely spaced the bg dots apart. Looks neat like that.

Lorraine said...

Honugirl,
Thank you so much for the nice comments on my blog. Just to let you know, I have been visiting your blog frequently to see your new creations. Am loving your designs! Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog.
Lorraine (SpeakPidgin? on the PTI forum)

Amy Kolling said...

All of your Dahlia cards are wonderful!! I really like the yellow one! TFS

Susan said...

I actually love the background! It makes it look like panels. Love the way you have the 3 flowers in a row. And such a gorgeous bow!!