CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

PPD Challenge #4



First of all, I love being a part of this wonderful Papertrey PaperDolls group. It's inspiring, yet I don't feel pressure. It's a supportive group, this one, and I am proud to call myself a Papertrey Paper Doll. Enough gushiness...

The challenge this week was...dare I say it...the MOST challenging challenge so far. Argh, my brain hurt. I really, really tried to come up with something very similar in style, but it ended up not working as well as I would have liked. In the end, I realized that I should not have scalloped the edge of the masculine card. I was hoping the patterned paper differences would be strong enough, but in the end, I thought my cards were not masculine and feminine enough. I tried though. :)

Card #1 Details: (All supplies PTI unless otherwise noted.)    
Stamps: Daily Designs, Daily Designs Sentiments 
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU), Fresh Snow 
Paper: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Turning a New Leaf 
Other: 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success) 
Size: 4.25" x 5"

Card #2 Details: (All supplies PTI unless otherwise noted.)    
Stamps: Daily Designs, Delightful Dahlias 
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU), Fresh Snow 
Paper: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Turning a New Leaf 
Other: 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success) 
Size: 4.25" x 5"

10 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Okay I think that because of the different font and the lighter flower type paper you can say one is more female then male. I love browns and greens for that reason because they are neutral ........ love that color combo also. And the stamp from Daily Designs although female in theory because it is so urban can be used for a guy and I have done many cards for my stud husband using scallops :)

Laurie said...

I think you did a GREAT job! I think the polka dots are more fem and the second card is more masculine for sure! Now you have inspired me to give it a try today! :) Love them both!

Sara Mac said...

Oh, that is a tough challenge. I love how both cards turned out. Love the font differences too. That helps distinguish one from the other. I agree with you about not doing scallops for the masculine card.

Amy Kolling said...

You did a great job with this challenge! I have yet to try it as it has me stumped!! :)

However, your cards turned out great! I like the cursive font for the feminine card....a nice ribbon bow might set it apart from the masculine one a little more!

I too am having a great time with these challenges and being part of this "doll" group!!!

Jen Carter said...

I'm sorry I made your brain hurt! LOL!! You did a GREAT job!! I love how you used that stamp for both feminine and masculine! And the subtle paper difference are just enough to make the unique for their gender! Thanks for playing along. I love being a part of this group too!!

Barbara said...

I think they're just perfect!! Nothing wrong with a scallop on a masculine card at all! Very creative and elegant!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

I hope your brain is better! lol! I think using the same neutral colors for both cards is what made it difficult to distinguish the feminine card from the masculine one. Other than that, I think you did a great job with the cards. I like the image you used. I wouldn't have thought that stamp could be used for a masculine card, but it worked! Nice job!

Bonita Rose said...

Gf what are you talking about? Your cards are both beautiful!!! I hv yet to do this one.. and I agree, it's challenging for sure... I'll be posting mine later this week, once I figure out what to do myself! Love your cards dearie... they are fabulous! xo

Diane Jaquay said...

I love them! The fresh snow on the brown looks great, and that pp is some of my favorite!

Lisa Voerg said...

Hi Deena, The masculine and feminine work for me. The font and softer look for the feminine makes the difference. The scallop is fine on the mas. card in my opinion. I am very happy to be part of the group. We have a very supportive group.